Friday, December 19, 2008
I was wrong!!!
Now that we are starting to stand on our own again, we can feel the support we had over the last two months even more!!!
TO OUR FAMILY: We love you!! Your prayers have been felt. Your love and concern has meant the world to us. What comfort it is to know that we will always be cared for... mentally, physically, and spiritually. Whether near or far, you have kept us standing.
How grateful we are for friends who showed their concern, yet treated us no differently. We are so blessed to live in this country. Times are scary. The economy is rotten. Finding employment is not easy. However, food is readily available, we have health care, and we can worship as we please. I think of the people in Zimbabwe, where Brandon served his mission, who are fleeing their homes due to disease and hunger. We are sooo blessed.
I hope I will never again take for granted the opportunity to work. I will try not to complain about long hours, being under paid, or lousy Christmas gifts from work (as I did with the apron Brandon received last year). Instead, I will thank my Heavenly Father that we are blessed to have a paycheck!
We are so grateful to feel the love our Heavenly Father through out this year! Through all of our trials, we have felt Him strengthening us! We are Abundantly Blessed!
Monday, December 15, 2008
Friday, December 12, 2008
Saturday, November 15, 2008
I can remember going to Utah football games for almost as long as I can remember. Mom and Dad sent the three kids to the South end zone on the bleachers. They sat in seats on the West side line. Carl and Jenn were always way more into it than I was. When Carl was pretty young, he wouldn't wear his blue coat during a very snowy BYU game. I wonder if the people around us ever questioned my parents? (Oh, they were probably to drunk and not really family people, being UTAH fans and all - heathens!!!)
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
- Where is your cell phone? abt. 1 foot away
- Where is your significant other? the temple
- Your hair color? yucky
- Your mother? amazing
- Your father? ditto
- Your favorite thing? disneyland
- Your dream last night? can't remember
- Your dream/goal? disneyland or world
- The room your in? kitchen
- Your hobby?this
- Your fear? the economy
- Where to you want to be in 6 years? disneyland
- Where were you last night? here
- What you're not? organized
- One of your wish-list items? disneyland tickets
- Where you grew up? Sandy
- The last thing you ate? left over chicken enchilada
- What are you wearing? ugly clothes
- Your TV? always on
- Your pet? never
- Your computer? mine dinosaur Brandon's pretty nice
- Your mood? a little down, trying to keep my chin up
- Missing someone? my hubby
- Your car? has a new windshield now needs to be registered
- Something your not wearing? socks
- Favorite store? Target
- Your summer? missed it, hospitalized, got Gracie though :)
- Love someone? many
- Your favorite color? purple
- When was the last time you laughed? today, I think
- Last time you cried? an hour or so ago
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
It may be a bit late (she's probably already in bed) but we just wanted to wish Magda a very Happy Birthday! Ten years ago today, Brandon and I became an uncle and aunt for the very first time. Now this cutie leads a group of twelve incredible grand kids. I hope her mom doesn't mind me stealing this AWESOME picture from her AMAZING blog. We love you guys and hope to see you soon!!!!
Friday, September 26, 2008
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Monday, September 15, 2008
Friday, September 12, 2008
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Friday, September 5, 2008
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
"Twilight": who are you? (now w/ pics)
created with QuizFarm.com
|You scored as Esme Cullen|
You're Esme. The sweet, loving, mother figure of the Cullen clan. You're extremely happy that Edward has found Bella and are very careful not to scare her off.
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
- Although this will change when she is older, a nine year old girl can have too many purses.
- In order to keep peace, all Happy Meal toys must be thrown away while the kids are not present.
- My kids have out grown some really cute clothes.
- Years ago, when re-doing Bailey's dresser, Brandon made a huge effort to line up the squares on the contact paper in the drawers. I wonder how much I nagged him to do that?
- Although I am very proud of my talent to win stuffed toys out of the machines at stores, I must STOP!!!!
- I am confident that the world will soon be taken over by LEGOS.
- The Legos will be superseded by Match Box Cars.
- Scholastic Books will not be earning money on me this year. (If I remain strong)
- That take home library book, that I swore we didn't still have at the end of the school year-- so they didn't make me pay the ten dollar fine, will be returned to the take home library TOMORROW!!! (with my sincere apologies :) )
- I can have the will power to not watch the US men's volleyball quarterfinal match to keep working.
- Gracie is sweet enough to know when the tie breaking 5th set of the above mentioned match is to wake up and need to eat. This allowed her hard working mom to watch the US win the nail-biter. (thanks Gracie, you're my favorite)
- Reagan is beginning to show signs of middle-child syndrome. (Reagan, you're just like me, you must be my favorite.)
- I could simply hide Isaac's toys for a couple months and when I pulled them back out, he would be as happy as at Christmas. (Such sweet, very real emotions, Isaac is definitely my favorite.)
- Bailey, do not bring picked grass in the house and hide it in a basket under paper flowers you so carefully made and stuff the basket in a shelf. (So creative... and yes my favorite.)
I'm still not even close to done!!! I wonder what I'll learn tomorrow!!
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Friday, July 18, 2008
Friday, July 4, 2008
Monday, June 30, 2008
She's a tiny little thing, we're used to the 3 7lbs babies we've had. She was early though, and we are so blessed to have her now. We are also blessed that Juli is much better off as her blood pressure has dropped to normal. The doctor made a comment after surgery that "sometimes you think you make the right decision, but in this case, we definitely made the right decision".
Julianne was discharged on Sunday evening, but unfortunately, Grace was sent to the NICU. She was doing so great from Wednesday to Saturday, but her little body had a hard time keeping up. She dropped her temperature on Sunday, and couldn't keep it maintained. Her bilirubin went up as well. Better safe than sorry, so she's in an isolette in the NICU, keeping her nice and toasty. She puts on the mask and they shine the bilirubin lights on her. The doctors let her come out to nurse every three hours, so Juli is close by. We have a boarding room at the hospital, where Juli is now. We go save her, and let the kids see baby sister Gracie between feedings.
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Monday, June 9, 2008
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
- A couple loads of wash - whites first!!!
- Buy Kwal Applepeel paint for ceilings, trim and common areas. Our basement is getting so close!!!
- Choose a color for Bay's room - Teal, seafoam, tangerine or pink?
- Find fabric for Isaac's quilt. This is a must!!!! I have wanted to start it forever. I just finished the binding on the second of Bailey's quilts. It's just that finding awesome fabric for boys is just not that easy.
- Work on quarterly Enrichment stuff. Next Tuesday is coming really, really quickly!!!
- Try to find the motivation to do any of it. It's pretty gloomy outside and reading a book in bed sounds pretty nice --- any suggestions?