Friday, September 12, 2008

LIVING WITH HOPE







Wednesday night was a good night to be a Pfunder. Not that there is a time that is not, bet Wednesday was particularly special. For those of you who don't know, Brandon's younger brother, Kevin, was diagnosed with MS about four years ago. Although I do not really know the extent of his symptoms, I know that he suffers from occasional eye problems and is affected at times with his legs. I am sure there is much more, but he is not one to always be up front with his extended family about his disease. He jokes around about it alot, which personally I see as both good and bad. Good that he has a sense of humor and can still be happy - Bad that he doesn't always take it as seriously as I think he should, like by taking daily therapy medicines ---KEVIN!!!! Right from the first year of his diagnosis, Kevin jumped into the MS walk fundraising with both feet. He got his sixth grade students involved and last walk raised $26,000 for research. Amazing!!!! Well, the MS Society of Utah realized just how amazing he is and honored him at The Dinner of Champions. Kevin received the "Living With Hope" award. Kevin and his practically perfect wife, Marolyn, Neil & Roxanne (Brandon's parents), Verna (Brandon's Grandma), Brandon and I spent a very nice evening at Little America for the awards banquet. Several awards were given, but when it came time for Kevin's, there was a short video of fun pictures and interviews with Brandon and Kevin's friend. Then came the speech. Kevin was hysterical and moving. I was laughing so hard I was almost crying, yet he got a neat message across. After the awards ceremony, we were all inundated with people congratulating and saying that Kevin stole the show. It was incredible!!! I think I had an emotional hangover Thursday, but I'm back on track now.



CONGRATS KEVIN!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!




5 comments:

The Shill Spill said...

That's soooo cool! Congrats to you Kevin! (I would be proud too, if I was his sister-in-law.) Thanks for sharing Juli!

Tracey said...

Wow! I am amazed at what Kevin has accomplished. He is definitely inspiring!!!

the Pfunder's said...

Thanks so much to you and Brandon for coming with us! It meant so much to Kevin to have your support. He enjoyed making you laugh too! Can't wait to see you guys next weekend and thanks again for sharing Kevin's special night.

vicky said...

That is awesome Juli! Glad you could be a part of their special night!

Jenna said...

I am not surprised that Kevin stole the show...when does he not? But that is really so great and we were really happy for him and you guys!