Thursday, June 12, 2008

To-Do List put to rest ---BED REST

So yesterdayt I went to my 34week Dr appointment.  I was worried about what the kids and I were going to do for three hours inbetween the Dr's and the dentist.  Well, no worries there.  I was sent to the hospital for testing and observation.  After a few hours, I was released with the diagnosis of pre-eclampsia, PIH, or toximia (take your pick, same thing-different names)  So now I am on bed rest.  My blood pressure sky rocketsas soon as I Get up.  I have no idea what the plan is, but I am supposed to go get my blood pressure taken at the office tomorrow.  I am so thankful for all of the help I have been given.  We have already had a meal brought in, grocery store purchases, and my kids are having a picnic at the park right now. (Karen took them and it is her birthday!)  Good friends are priceless and I am  blessed with so many!!!  Brandon has been fabulous, although I can tell he is overwhelmed.  I am so grateful for his parents.  They called this morning to say they will be here this afternoon to help out.  I am getting tearytears eyed and blogging on an ipodiPod in bed is not easy.  I will update soon.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so sorry, Julie. I hope that you are feeling alright. At least you only have a few more weeks to go...YOU CAN MAKE IT! Are they going to induce you at 37 or 38? OR make you try for 40? Just think, more time to blog...everything else will have to wait. What a blessing that you found out at the appt. and you know that you have preeclampsia so that you can be taken care of and they can watch you and the baby closely...Seriously, I hope that things are o.k. and that you take care of yourself and know that you all are in our prayers. If I was still your neighbor, I'd make you homemade lemon sorbet to cope. (It always cheers me up). Love you.

Jiles Pfamily said...

julie, this is erin your husbands favorite cousin:) i didn't know you were pregnant, congrats! sorry to hear about the bed rest thing. i am due july 12 our babies will have to be friends.

vicky said...

I have a machine if you need to check your BP at home! Take care and I will call you later.

The Shill Spill said...

Julianne-
Soooo sorry to hear that things are going so 'crapily' for you. Please call me if you need anything. (I'm only a few feet away.)
We missed you at church today. But, just so you know, you are very loved...I saw the sign-up sheet to help you out.
Are you staying down? How's the basement? Should I send Aaron over? Let me know if there is anything you need.

Karin said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULI!!!! Wow, we're getting old! Hope you could still party despite bed rest (or maybe being left alone on bed rest is the best way to celebrate a birthday?) Regardless, hope it was a wonderful day!