Wednesday, August 20, 2008

THINGS I LEARNED ON THE 3RD DAY OF SCHOOL

The basement is pretty much done and the kids are in their new rooms. However, all their crap is still in the room that Bailey and Isaac shared. I have been spending what time I can trying to clean out their old room which is Reagan's new room. I spent a couple hours this morning working in there and this is what I've learned:
  • Although this will change when she is older, a nine year old girl can have too many purses.
  • In order to keep peace, all Happy Meal toys must be thrown away while the kids are not present.
  • My kids have out grown some really cute clothes.
  • Years ago, when re-doing Bailey's dresser, Brandon made a huge effort to line up the squares on the contact paper in the drawers. I wonder how much I nagged him to do that?
  • Although I am very proud of my talent to win stuffed toys out of the machines at stores, I must STOP!!!!
  • I am confident that the world will soon be taken over by LEGOS.
  • The Legos will be superseded by Match Box Cars.
  • Scholastic Books will not be earning money on me this year. (If I remain strong)
  • That take home library book, that I swore we didn't still have at the end of the school year-- so they didn't make me pay the ten dollar fine, will be returned to the take home library TOMORROW!!! (with my sincere apologies :) )
  • I can have the will power to not watch the US men's volleyball quarterfinal match to keep working.
  • Gracie is sweet enough to know when the tie breaking 5th set of the above mentioned match is to wake up and need to eat. This allowed her hard working mom to watch the US win the nail-biter. (thanks Gracie, you're my favorite)
  • Reagan is beginning to show signs of middle-child syndrome. (Reagan, you're just like me, you must be my favorite.)
  • I could simply hide Isaac's toys for a couple months and when I pulled them back out, he would be as happy as at Christmas. (Such sweet, very real emotions, Isaac is definitely my favorite.)
  • Bailey, do not bring picked grass in the house and hide it in a basket under paper flowers you so carefully made and stuff the basket in a shelf. (So creative... and yes my favorite.)

I'm still not even close to done!!! I wonder what I'll learn tomorrow!!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hee hee hee! Thanks for the laugh. You really have the cutest kids ever - no wonder they are all your favorite!

Karen said...

Wow - I never thought I'd hear Juli Pfunder say that she shouldn't get anymore stuffed animals out of the claw game! haha.

Pfunderware said...

I agree, No claw-game is the best kind of game. I'm sure it's gone too far when Reagan is begging for a quarter when I pass one, and Bailey swears she "can get that bear, it's in the perfect position." Love you, Ju. (thanks for winning me the Fozzie Bear)

Jenna said...

Can you get Carl to join you in your boycott? I'd appreciate it...

The Shill Spill said...

I've learned that second one as well! I am ready to de-junk such said toys here shortly too! :) Wish me luck!
I love that you have learned so much, and that all your children hold a 'favorite' spot in your heart. :) I hope your husband has a small plce in that 'favorite' section. :) Hahahah!
Where are you when I need a winner for Jake at the claw game? He thinks that EVERY time we go to Walmart he MUST play that game!:)

Moody Family said...

juli you seriously have some of the funniest things happen to you. I love it!