Friday, September 5, 2008

Look at me... I'm a regular Handy Manny!!




Home projects continue...they may never stop!!! Today I put together one of these...
Then I stacked it ontop of an existing shelf.  ( I only banged up the newly painted walls a tiny bit)  To top it all off, I anchored it to the wall.  I even found a stud to screw the anchor into.  All by myself.  O.K., the longest screw I could find may not have been long enough to reach the stud, I tried.  I told Brandon he may have to replace the screw with a longer one, but that may be tricky due to the fact the screw I used may or may not be stripped. 
With new storage intact, I now have the fun pleasure of cleaning out Reagan's old room and putting her stuff in her new room.  I started with books.  I really wish I had a sliver of my sister-in-law, Marolyn, or my neighbor, Kara, housekeeping and organization skills.  I also wish I had an ounce of my other sister-in-law's easygoing outlook.  But no, I am a high-strung mess!!!  So, I started making piles of books trying to organize.  Then came the trouble... do I separate by size, content, hard bound, soft cover.  What do I do???  Should a hard bound Elmo book be put with "Giggle, Giggle, Quack" or the Sesame Street board books from the dollar section at Target?  Totally perplexed, I did my best and left plenty of room for toys in the lower shelves.  Wait, am I discouraging reading because the books are on a higher shelf.  I may have to "re-organize" tomorrow.  Tomorrow, I will try to tackle the insane amount of stuffed animals and toys.  I figure the stuffed animals can go on the rarely used top bunk bed, cutely arranged of course.  The webkinz will be placed in one of the empty cubes.  Yes, my three year old has multiple webkinz.  Yes, she does play with them on the computer.  
Speaking of Roo and webkinz, I was playing with her on webkinz the other day (a job I normally give to Bailey) and realized that she has like 8000 webinz coins but no furniture for her pets.  The other kids only have a couple hundred webkinz coins, but they have at least bought their pets each a bed.  Brandon and I decided that we are going to play the webkins games to earn her more coins and deck out her webkinz "house".  Then we will anxiously await Bay and Ike's reaction when they are forced to play with her.  Anyway, enough rambling, I'm off to bed to prepare for tomorrow's attempt to organize Reagan's room.  Hopefully now I won't have to hear Brandon make fun of me for my Twilight  post. 

6 comments:

Jenna said...

When you are done, I have lots of messy rooms/closets/shelves over here that are in need of organizing...any volunteers?

pfabulouspfun-der said...

no

Karen said...

I wouldn't worry too much about the order of the books. In maybe 2 days, they'll all be on the floor. Oh wait - that's at my house!

Amie said...

Don't we all wish we could be like Kara when it comes to her housekeeping skills? I am regularly amazed by her. Don't be too hard on yourself. I have wished many times that I could be as fun of a mom as you are. We all have our strengths! You have such happy, well-adjusted kids.
p.s. I can so relate to the book dilema. I finally decided to put board books together by height, paper-back together by height and hard-cover together by height. They are on the bottom shelf and they are regulary pulled off in a mountain on the floor, but as long as they are getting "read".... Anyway, good luck with that one! :)

Chester Copperpot said...

Juli...Juli...Juli...Everyone knows books are sorted first, by size...followed by color...then, by cover hardness...book thickness...finished by title and genre. It's really quite simple.

The Shill Spill said...

Things I still have yet to learn about books...tisk...tisk....thus all of my books are stored and shoved into a cupboard shelf (placed in the closet) where I can throw them all in and then shut the closet door. Ta-Da! Finito!
Besides, when I do attempte to organize ANYTHING in my home, it comes out the hour I did it...because there is apparently something about a nicely cleaned and organized room that appeals to children, and thus causes them to destroy all of my 'hard' work.
Good luck!