Friday, February 20, 2009

LOSING A FRIEND

Today Larry miller passed away. I don't remember life with out Larry's name being spoken of at the dinner table. Not that he and I had a real personal relation, but he was a dear friend of my parents. When my dad first went out on his own, starting his CPA firm, Larry was one of his first clients. I was able to get to know his sweet wife, Gail, a little bit better, and have always admired her. Other Miller family members lived by my parents for a few years and I got to know them a little too. But mostly I know how Larry has impacted my life. As a huge Jazz fan, I am grateful for his involvement in Utah sports. I have heard of a small portions of his giving to the community. I have heard stories that tell of his testimony of the restored Gospel. I can indeed say that I am thankful that "after all, I knew this guy". He will be missed. You can read the press release here.

3 comments:

vicky said...

I'm sorry for your loss Juli (and for our community). I'm glad you were able to "know" such a great man. Hugs to you!

Kelly said...

I heard about his passing on the radio and had to go tell Jared immediately. You won't believe it, but you were seriously my next thought. I was replaying in my mind some of the stories you'd bring back from the games when we were in school and how you always raved about what a 'normal' person he was.

Jennifer said...

I'm so sorry, Juli. If you guys need anything, we would be happy to help.